Anti-corruption in your country

Moderators: EPlatformTeam, ozge.iskit

Email topic Print view
EPlatformTeam
Anti-corruption in your country

Postby EPlatformTeam » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:15 am

Has your country engaged in any anti-corruption efforts? To your knowledge, have they brought about changes in attitudes or behaviours?

YousSay
Re: Anti-corruption in your country

Postby YousSay » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:00 am

Yes there were a lot of anti-corruption efforts engaged but corruption is still spreading.
The main reason for this, in my opinion, is ineffective rules of punishment and absence of strict application of the rules.
Accountability is very weak because those who benfit from the "bad situation" are strong and remove all those who want to improve the so-called "equilibrium".
I think, when my country will have to show its full implication in the EU neighbourhood system, things will change.

Mayley

Postby Mayley » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:56 pm

The Play of fighting corruption...
Morocco as all the developing countries suffers from corruption.
Moroccan government in compliance with treaties and the royal recommendations invested in fighting corruption. Many efforts have been deployed such as advertisement, campaigns (...) . As it is so obvious, these methods didn't have any impact. In the other side , the Moroccan parliament voted a bill (if I am not mistaken) stating severe sanctions to any one involved in the corruption operation. These efforts were a failure for many reasons mainly the corruption of the justice system itself.
However; the poverty, unemployment, the public debt, the pension funds being on the edge of bankruptcy, ..., and the availability of Social Media and smartphones: all of them allowed people to become by themselves aware of how corruption is sabotaging any chance they have of a "life"; people documented high ranked officials and police officers on tape taking bribery. These few tapes buzzing on the network moved the masses toward pushing the government to start investigations and at least relieve some corrupted " heads" from their duty (while the police officers have to spend jail time for little amounts of bribery).

Milouda BOUICHOU
Milouda.bouichou@gmail.com

Gangex

Postby Gangex » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

I really liked how Mayley called it " The play of fighting corruption"
It is indeed a play, because we never hear of a corrupt businessman or politician who got prosecuted. Law courts and prisons are full just by layman who stole an egg, tried to do a hustle for quick cash or other people who went on building a shelter for their families with all the money they got instead of paying it for a contract saying: oh you can now build your house! Whereas, people on top of the food chain steal millions of tax money and hand over public procurement to their relatives in the business. And they get away with it one way or another! One way is through ongoing investigations that have been open for years with no results, which am sure there are thousands of them!
On the other hand, I'll go with the notorious saying: laws in Morocco are just ink on paper. They have two main functions: The first is to brighten the Moroccan image in the international arena and second is to allure the public view that we are a country ruled by law!

Email topic Print view

Return to “Anti-Corruption”